On its official blog, the Google team has shared a list of their favorite extensions for the Chrome browser that helped people stay connected, productive, and simply have fun throughout 2021. Even though the browser itself has a plethora of useful features, additional extensions can make one's browsing experience even more convenient and enjoyable.
All extensions are divided into four categories:
- Loom is a tool for recording and sending video messages using a webcam.
- Mote allows you to record and add voice messages to Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Slides, and other services.
- WordTune is an AI grammar and spelling checking tool that paraphrases sentences.
- Forest helps to increase productivity by focusing attention.
- Dark Reader turns on a dark mode on any website.
- Tab Manager Plus is a handy tool for working with multiple tabs.
- Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder creates screenshots and screencasts of web pages and allows you to edit them.
- Kami allows you to create a collaborative learning platform for teachers and students.
- InsertLearning helps you take notes easily and integrates with Google Classroom.
- Toucan helps to learn foreign languages while surfing the web.
- Rememberry helps you learn foreign languages by highlighting and translating individual text fragments.
- Stylus is a tool for creating and installing custom website themes.
- Rakuten is a service for searching coupons, discounts and cashback options on various online trading platforms.
The entire collection of the best Chrome extensions of 2021 is available on the Chrome Web Store.